20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Date
So you’ve started a conversation, now what? It’s too early to suggest a date (you don’t want them to think you’re too keen straight away), but you’re stuck for some original dialogue that they haven’t already heard. There’s nothing worse than running out of things to talk about, so open questions are the best way to keep the conversation flowing and gives you an indication of their real personality. Try not to make your questions too heavy whilst you’re getting to know someone, it could put them off or take the conversation to a weird place.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you could visit any country in the world, which one would it be and why?
- If you ruled the world, what would you change?
- Describe the craziest thing you’ve ever done.
- What’s your favourite day of the week?
- Name two things on your bucket list.
- What’s in your fridge right now?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- If you were at home on a rainy day, what film would you put on?
- What’s your favourite way to spend your weekends?
- What’s your happiest moment in the past month?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Tell me a secret.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What was your worst job?
- What’s your top 3 visited websites?
- What’s something you can’t help but spend money on?
- What’s the weirdest thing about you?
Don’t ask all your questions at once! Each open question should be a conversation starter, so save some for when you’re ready to go on a real date to avoid that boring conversation about the weather!
Until next time,
The Just Singles Team.
About the author…
Rachel is a Marketing Executive. She’s obsessed with Game of Thrones and country music. Her favourite pastime is cuddling up with her two Labradors and binge watching Netflix.