Dating Diaries – Why You Should Be Writing One!
If you haven’t written yours yet, you are missing out, my friend. Don’t let the name fool you, your diary can be whatever you want it to be. Use it as a blog, a record of your dating experiences or even an addition to your profile. We bring you all the great ways you can use this unique feature, and why it’s so effective…
How does it work?
If you’re on a computer, you can find diaries on your homepage next to ‘Who’s Viewed Me’. Clicking on Diaries will bring to you a display of all diaries, starting with the latest written. This box will help you to narrow down the diaries you read by age.
Click on ‘Write diary entry’ to get writing, or ‘My diary’ to view your posts.
If you’re on a mobile it will look like this.
Click on Diaries, and you’ll be able to use the same filters to narrow down your search. Writing diaries is not currently a feature available on mobile version, so to write a diary on your phone – scroll down to the bottom of the screen – click on ‘Switch to desktop version’. The computer version of the site will appear, and you’ll be able to write your entry by following the instructions in the computer example.
Getting to know you…
If your a savvy online dater you already know the score. The more profile information you complete, the more likely it is that you will meet not only more people, but they will be the right people for you. When searching, people are attracted to certain characteristics and personality traits. The more you have, the more attractive you’ll be to more people. With this in mind, the Dating Diary is the perfect addition to your profile. It gets your personal voice out there to a wider audience. Singles get to know you quicker than exchanging a few messages. See the diary as an extension of you and you’ll attract compatible matches.
Life is a stage!
See your dating diary as the stage and the members of the site as your audience. Unlike personal messaging or introduction messages, your dating diary allows you to advertise your thoughts and feelings to everyone in as many words as you wish without sending a message.
Here’s how to get applause:
- Be positive – would you date a negative person?
- Be interesting – include your interests and find people who share them
- Be fun – being light-hearted and unique will attract more readers!
- Be interactive – you’re addressing your public. Ask for opinions and answers and watch the replies flood in!
- Be informative – don’t be afraid of detail. Tell everyone exactly who you are looking for, they may just be reading…
- Be entertaining – got a funny story to share? Share it!
A few no-no’s:
- Never include personal contact details
- Got an issue with the site? Send a support message to care instead of a diary entry, it’s what they’re here for!
- Mentioning other people on the site by name
Go on, start your diary today! You’ll be like Bridget Jones in no time, well hopefully a bit luckier in love than her… Any questions, queries or advice you think we’ve missed – leave us a comment!
The Just Singles Team