We’ve noticed that quite a few dimly lit and dark dating photos have been uploaded recently. Here’s why you should be paying more attention to lighting when it comes to your dating photos…
You’re probably thinking, how could the brightness of my photo make any difference when it comes to my dating success? It actually makes a lot of difference, for many reasons. Your profile photo is your one chance of making a first impression on the site. It is vital that you make an effort with it. When scrolling through search, your face is surrounded by other faces for pages and pages, so you need to stand out for the right reasons. If you’re looking all dark and shadowy, chances are you’ll be next to someone bright and eye-catching, so it’s a no-brainer as to who will get messages. Fact: dark photos make you look suspicious and unappealing.
The Future’s Bright
Today is the first day of the rest of your well-lit life. This is how you ensure you’re not getting overshadowed.
- Take a look at your photos, starting with your profile (main) photo.
- Can you see all of your features? Is the colour of your eyes, for example clearly visible?
- Do you think it would stand out in a crowd?
- Edit your existing photo if you can, turning up the brightness.
- If you are unable to edit your existing photo, take a new one in a well lit area.
When taking a new photo for your profile, here are some top tips on how to take a nice, bright photo:
- Natural light is the best.
- In the morning the light tends to be more intense and whiter, even indoors!
- Direct the light onto your face instead of behind it, so it illuminates your features.
- Ensure the background is not too dark or distracting. Neutral colours are good.
So no excuses, let’s say no to dark dating photos! Get yourself and your profile into the spotlight and shine!