20 Bad Signs On A First Date
The first date can be nerve-wracking, tense and a bit awkward. That’s normal. But there are some solid bad signs on a first date to watch out for. These are the signals to watch out for. Don’t arrange a second date and maybe plan your escape if:
- If they bring a plus one or a friend with them unannounced.
- They never ask you one thing about yourself and don’t let you get a word in edge-ways.
- He/she flirts with other people on the date in front of you – not cool.
- They start preaching about their views and dismissing yours without even really hearing you out.
- They’re more than 20 minutes late with no real excuse, or one which is believable anyway.
- They assume you’re paying without even offering/attempting to.
- There’s not a lot of eye contact much.
- They mention their ex constantly, especially comparing both of you. Any hint they are not completely over them means you need to run.
- It’s not the same person in the photo.
- They’re constantly on their phone.
- They moan about everything.
- They have an allergy to your pet.
- You are given restrictions on how much you can order.
- They show you photos of their ingrowing toenail.
- You are judged on your TV/Film favourites.
- You have to do all the talking and fill the awkward silences.
- They want you to get matching tattoos after the date.
- They ask you for money for any reason.
- Turns out they lied in their profile about something major.
- They agree with your ex about something when you mention it.
I think we can all agree these are very bad signs on a first date. We all have different boundaries and we all make mistakes. But take our advice and try to avoid this behaviour altogether on dates, if you’re looking for a second one!